Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

For the past week, Katherine has labored over hand made heart valentines to hand out to her classmates, each with a chocolate taped to it.

I issued an invitation to a half dozen of her friends to come over for a special Valentine dinner, and told those friends' parents to go out on dates and celebrate the holiday.

I invited a couple of single girlfriends to come and join me, too.

Last night I made a white (bechamel base) lasagna, as well as a traditional red lasagna.  I've got the table set with a red cloth and the china (white with a gold rim), with little heart dishes of candies and a bouquet of flowers in the center.

This morning I woke Katherine up with a whispered "Happy Valentine's Day - I got you a present!"  She got chocolates, hair bands, and a stuffed animal (all received rave reviews).

I'm wearing a red dress and my favorite heels.  (High.  And French.)

I'm greeting everyone with a smile and a "Happy Valentine's Day!"

*****

I'm faking every last bit of it.  I feel sad today, and much desirous of crawling back into bed.  I'm hoping that all this faking it helps me to make it.

Today, Mary Oliver's poem, with the line "whereever you are, no matter how lonely..." keeps echoing in my mind.  What *is* my place?  I really dislike this longing to be a part of another, this desire to desire and be desired in return.  I want to be happy with what I have, because what I have is so much.  I'm trying to find the joy, I'm trying to be that person.

But today, I'm faking it.  Maybe tomorrow I won't have to fake it.  I'm just glad that Katherine isn't faking it, and as she headed off to school with her bag of Valentine's, she looked so happy.  Today, that must be enough for me.

5 comments:

  1. The decision to divorce is never an easy one. In addition to the emotional turmoil that can accompany this decision, spouses face the more practical side of a san diego divorce lawyers which includes division of assets, determining custody of children, and spousal support. Michael Fischer and Craig Van Thiel founded our firm with the sole purpose of helping those seeking to end a marriage make their way through the divorce process without the stereotypical trademarks of a difficult divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, This is not a good idea where you celebrate valentine during divorce

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my boyfriend and I broke up, I was completely lost. A good friend of mine recommended that I have a love spell cast to bring him back by DR OKOUGBO ALABA. I thought that idea of a love spell was strange, but was willing to give it a shot. When I contacted Dr Okougbo Alaba for the first time, I was scared because I was not sure if what they did went against my religion. He assured me that they only use traditional voodoo which is safe and has no side effects. I felt a little better and decided to do the return lover spell. I did not think that it would work considering my ex and his whole family hated me and told me never to contact them again. Within 2days he showed up at my job and brought flowers to me. He said that he missed me more than he could describe and decided that the good out weighed the bad. We got back together and our relationship has been better the second time around. I have to give Dr Okougbo Alaba all of the credit in the world for helping us get back to a better place than where we began. The new found love that he has for me is incredible and I can’t wait to see what the future holds!” Dr Okougbo Alaba can also help you. His email is realhomeofspell@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is good when you have your love ones around you, I am saying this because when i had issues with my lover i never seen life as a good thing but thanks to Dr. AGBAZARA of AGBAZARA TEMPLE, for helping me to cast a spell that brought my lover back to me within the space of 48hours. My husband left me for another woman after 7YEARS of marriage,but Dr.AGBAZARA help me cast a spell that brought him back to me within 48hours. I am not going to tell you more details about myself rather i will only advise those who are having issues in there relationship or marriages to contact Dr.AGBAZARA TEMPLE through these details via;
    (agbazara@gmail. com) or call him on (+2348104102662).

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is great work. The effort you put into this is very impressive and I enjoyed every minute of the read. filing for DIVORCE

    ReplyDelete