Thursday, June 7, 2012

Transference or the world's meanest mommy?

Currently, my beloved daughter is in her room, down the hall from mine, sobbing noisily and with effect.  My attempts to soothe her have been greeted with angry words.

She is mad at me because she missed a school social event - my least favorite of the year, one that many of the parents/kids skip, but apparently this year it's a major deal simply because we're not going.  I have been informed that I "never" let her do anything fun.  She had piano lessons tonight, and it's almost the recital, and her best friend ALSO skipped the school evening social event in favor of piano (their lessons are back to back), AND I had a playdate at our house today after school...

Dear readers, please pray for my sanity.  I want to yell "SHUT UP!" at the top of my lungs, something I have never done to her and never intend to do.  I want to yell "THINGS ARE HARD ENOUGH WITHOUT ALL OF THIS!"

Most of all, I want to join her in noisy sobbing, because things are not the way I wish they were, either.

And I'm not talking about piano lessons or school events.

---------------

She has recovered.  That was one hell of an hour.  I wish I liked drinking more, because if I did, I think I'd drink liberally tonight.  I can not wait to go to bed.

Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment