Monday, October 22, 2012

Oh, optimism, how I have missed you!

It's a fresh week.

It even FEELS fresh.

Maybe it's the rain and gray skies; so many people in my part of the world dread the rain, but to me it feels cleansing.  My region was so much drier than usual this year that I was starting to feel dehydrated, wishing for the rain on my skin, and now that it's back I feel like I can breathe fully again, as if the oxygen goes deeper into my lungs when moisture is added to it.

We met with the mediator again, and I feel like I am that much closer to freedom: freedom from a marriage that wasn't good for either of us.  Freedom to be who I should be.  Anything feels possible, once again.

I'm back on track.  Soon, the divorce will be done, and I will be free of its dark cloud.

I still have so much to deal with.  If the house refinance does not go through, I'm not sure what I will do.

But you know what?  It's all going to work out.  All will be well.  I've got this.  I can do this!

Happy Monday, everyone.  May the rain wash away your troubles, too.



2 comments:

  1. Yes, PollyAnna, it will all work out. For every door that closes another opens. And if that doesn't work out, I'm going to personally open every damn door in the place one after another. Ha ha. Hang in there. Life is good. Yes, it rains sometimes but life is good.

    I'm reading. wb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WB, your answer gave me comfort - thank you! Your gentlemanly vision of running around opening those doors gave me reason to smile; thank you.

    ReplyDelete