Sunday, May 6, 2012

Dating baby steps

My toe is in the water.

I gave out my phone number, and accepted a phone call from a gentleman I met online.

It was awkward, but I just went with it.  He talked a lot about himself.  I let him lead.  I had things to say, too, and I think I carried my end of it pretty well.  I don't feel sparks, but he does seem like a nice guy.  It must have been okay, because we talked for an hour! 

We're scheduling a coffee date.  I don't have high expectations for it, but I do think it's good practice.  I think I'll like him in a general way, though at this point I don't have any sparks.

And I have a coffee date with someone else scheduled for Wednesday - someone possibly more interesting!  I haven't spoken with him, as we're just leaping straight to coffee, but I like his online profile.

Right now, all I can imagine are a couple of coffee dates, nothing more.

But it's good to be back.

1 comment:

  1. Dating after a divorce can seem kind of intimidating. Not only have you been 'off the market' for a little while, but you probably have some baggage that you are carrying along with you. Because of this, most men are kind of shy about dating after they get divorced.

    ReplyDelete