Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A woman's perogative

So it seems that I have not quite settled on any dating answer.

Part of me is yelling "Wahooooo!  Let's do this!  We're READY!" and the other part of me is much more tentative.  I really am betwixt and between.

It's been a few days since I reposted my online profile, and I'm getting all kinds of interesting messages.  "Interesting" ranges from nice guys with normal-ish things to say, to total weirdos, to young'uns looking for cougars to hook up with.

Let's just think about that last one for a moment - oh my gosh it makes me howl with laughter!  There are actually guys out there who want to hook up with me and have hot sex because I am fifteen years older than they?  I've received notes like, "If you were my professor, I wouldn't be able to pay attention in class because you're so hot...."  My response is a combination of laughter, yuck, and flattery.  Oh, yes, I'm human, and I feel a bit of flattery, even when it's all so blatantly out there and not my style.  Needless to say, I will not be hooking up with any youngsters (under 35 is a youngster to me....but I've been hit on by 20-somethings) to get my groove on.
 
While sometimes I might feel like the first photo for a second, the idea of that being me in the second photo is enough to stop me, even when that third photo looks pretty damn nice.

What the weirdos say is too weird to post here.  It's nice to have a delete or block button, let's just put it that way.  Do these guys get any action with that weird pickup style?  Well, not from me, that's all I know.
  
Of the three, I'm pertty sure that the last one is the worst.  Seems like it could be good, but really, it's smarmy and very, very bad.

I've also been hit on by a few nice guys.  Guys who seem to have their act together; fathers; people that strike me as guys who would be good guests at a dinner party.  They have interesting lives, their travel history makes me jealous, they have interesting hobbies.  They are age appropriate.  (I figure five years older or younger is a nice age range; I wouldn't be opposed to dating someone ten years younger in theory but I think those guys are looking for a woman to have kids with, and that shop is closed.)


The nice guy who has his act together and happens to be smokin' hot is a rare breed.  A rare breed.

What I haven't found is a spark.  I'm not sure if it's because I can't find a spark online - where is the twinkle in the eyes?  The confident (but not swagger) walk?  The way that he holds eye contact?  I can't see that, so maybe that's missing.

It's nice to think that nice people will be interested in me.  Maybe the time hasn't come yet, maybe online dating isn't for me, or maybe I just haven't met the right guy online (even for a date, I don't believe that I'll fall in love with a profile, but I would like a profile that gives me a couple sparks!).  Maybe I'm too particular - but I don't think so.  I'm not in a hurry, and I know what I like.  I'm prepared to wait for it, and in the meantime, life keeps me rather busy.  I figure when I meet a guy that I really want to go out with, I'll know.

In the meantime..... it's one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment