Friday, January 18, 2013

Cute, smart, and together

Wahooo!

This morning I had a coffee date with someone I started talking to online about a week ago.  My first really-and-truly-I'm-divorced-now date, so I believe it sets the tone, and....

It was great!

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not hearing wedding bells and I don't plan to drop my panties.  (Oh Lordy, what have I done?  Now if someone Googles "drop my panties" this site will come up.  Well, they'll be bored and they'll leave soon enough.)  But after a few real dud dates - guys that could not hold my interest for two minutes - it's absolutely lovely to meet someone and think, "Okay, this is the kind of person I can attract."

He's smart.  Kind.  Politically similar, similar world views.  An active dad.  Fit and healthy appearance.  Attractive.  Has his life together.

I'm going to wait to see if he contacts me again.  We didn't have sparks, as we stuck to "getting to know you" conversation, and at 8:30 in the morning over lattes for an hour it would be hard to know what might come next.  I know that I held my own, that it wasn't awkward, that I liked the way I presented myself.  I'm thrilled to think that maybe now I'm on the right track.

If he calls, he calls.  If he doesn't, he doesn't.  I will be okay either way, and this is not a make-it-or-break-it.

But if he calls, I'd go out with him again....for dinner!
(And, because the Universe likes me today, I also was contacted by another interesting looking gentleman.  Things are looking....fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment